Unified Communications (UC), refers to the way different types of business communication tools interact and collaborate. Users are able to collaborate with team members and other individuals to share in real-time, by unifying phone calls, email, instant messaging, as well as other tools.
The process of unifying communications blurs the boundary lines between traditional communication methods, by providing much more efficient means of communication for the task at hand.
What are the Benefits of Unified Communications?
Link ICT work with industry-leading UC providers such as 3CX and Microsoft Teams to give the following benefits:
- Business agility & expansion: Respond quickly to changing economic conditions and business needs. A remote office can be established with just an internet connection and Wi-Fi, with voice services being served through a laptop or mobile phone app.
- Improved productivity: save time in making wasted phone calls by seeing the status of colleagues through ‘presence’ mechanisms in the Unified Communications system.
- Flexibility: work from anywhere with mobile apps – apps for IOS and Android allow you to make phone calls from your office number, no matter where you are in the world.
- Reduced costs: take advantage of the reduced cost and flexibility of SIP by moving away from traditional voice services like ISDN or the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
- Less administration & maintenance: Microsoft Teams allows teams to become self-sufficient in administering file sharing and user access.
- Improved collaboration between employees & departments – hold team meetings with voice and video conferencing facilities and collaborate in real-time on shared files from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- More efficient communications – avoid annoying customers by transferring phone calls to busy colleagues by using the presence mechanism within Unified Communications systems.
How can Link ICT Help You?
We can help to spec a system most suited to your needs and we can help to unify your current communication systems. We can also advise and help to refine your business processes in order to make the most of your new Unified Communications system. If you’d like to learn more, please get in touch today.